Eden Park, located at Nakdong riverside to the west of Mt. Seunghak, is a park made for walking in the city. It was once a small mountain called "Gangseondae", which means that a Sinseon (Taoist monk) came down from Mt. Seunghak on a crane. During the late Japanese occupation, the Japanese army hid cannons deep inside a cave and the Japanese Artillery unit was stationed here.
In 1953, Elder Baek Jun-ho of the Busan Jungang Church made it into a privately owned park and in 1956, named it "Eden Park" after the Park where Adam and Eve were believed to have lived.
As the number of visitors to the Park increased, the Park came to be called "Eden Park" and it is a reminder of memories and romance, as it was once adored as one of the favorite date spots for young couples, along with Eulsuk Island and Hadan Naruteo in the 60s and 70s. It is now favored as a sports park for district residents equipped with walking courses and exercise facilities at the peak. There are also two monuments; Monument of Poem “Flag” by Yu Chi-hwan, and Citizen Charter Monument.
12, NAKDONGDAE-RO 398BEON-GIL (DANGNI-DONG), SAHA-GU, BUSAN 604-701, KOREA
TEL +82-51-207-6041 FAX +82-51-220-4444
COPYRIGHT (C)2008, SaHa-gu, All rights reserved